Monday, July 14, 2014

"Bat Man" is Coming to Constellation Field


Atlantic League All-Stars, be warned!  Bat Man is coming to the Wiffle Ball match at Constellation Field on Tuesday night.

The "Bat Man" shirt pictured above was my uniform of choice for many summers of slow pitch softball on the fields of St.Mark Lutheran in the Spring Branch area.  The shirt had been retired for a few seasons. However, when I learned I had been selected to play in the Skeeters' Pros vs. Joes Wiffle Ball game on Tuesday night, I thought it would be appropriate to pull it out of the closet for a one-time appearance.

Unfortunately, the original shirt is in worse shape than I remembered. To put it nicely, its structural integrity has been compromised, and it can no longer be worn in public.

Fortunately, work is currently being done on a replacement "Bat Man" shirt, which should be ready by game time!  So, note to the Skeeters, if walk-up music is part of the agenda for the wiffle ball game, here is my request.

The Wiffle Ball game is part of the Skeeters' Free Fan Fest on Tuesday night.  The event includes family friendly events and a concert by Kevin Fowler.


No comments:

Post a Comment