Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wiffle Ball was Awesome! Thanks, Skeeters

I can't speak for the other activities offered at the Skeeters' Fan Fest on Tuesday night at Constellation Field, but the Pros vs. Joes Wiffle Ball game was a big hit. The experience was definitely worth the drive to Sugar Land.

Over the course of about 90 minutes, all 16 fans who were randomly selected as part of the promotion played a 30 minute game on the field with and/or against a few Atlantic League all-stars. Those all-stars are in town to take on the Skeeters in Wednesday night's Atlantic League All-Star Game, which can be viewed on ESPN3.

Note to the Skeeters in case they do this event or something like it again:  While the event was promoted as "Pros vs. Joes", it was more fun in my opinion to be on a team with Joes and Pros playing againsta another team of Joes AND Pros.

I was teamed up with Adam Donachie of Somerset, Amadeo Zazueta of Southern Maryland, and a (I think) high school kid named Jarred(Spelling?).  The format of the games wasn't crucial, but it was an added bonus to be on a team with a few all-stars.

I could complain about James Simmons of Bridgeport hitting three home runs off of my pitching. Honestly though, it was my fault for hanging my curve ball up in the strike zone against him.

My compliments to the Skeeters for putting together such a neat promotion on the Tuesday night before the all-star game when their field became available on relatively short notice. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment