Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Unfading Tattoo- Real Grace Reflection #18

This reflection on L.O.M.T.'s 2015 theme, REAL GRACE, is a spin-off of The Unyielding Gaze , a song which I wrote when I worked at Camp Lone Star years ago.

The Unfading Tattoo

Still waiting on me
That’s how you spend your day
With a love that will not fade
Any away
Still looking out for me
To run to your side
With a gaze from which I find
That I cannot hide

Still calling my name
Every breath that I take
Right there, you’re beside
Every move that I make
Relentless, unyielding
Persistence times three
Outwalking the stumbling steps
That make up me

Still seeking me daily
No matter how far
Still shining through darkness
With your morning star
Still lighting the way,
You are each day’s new start
You tattooed my name
On the edge of your heart.

C2015 Mike Tauser

No comments:

Post a Comment