Thursday, June 9, 2016

My Summer Fling? Brewers baseball

I am two weeks into summer vacation after my first year back as a classroom teacher.  I have about two months here in Houston to rest my brain and prepare for another group of math and science-learning 9 and 10 year olds to come into my classroom.  

One item on my to do list is to be a Brewers fan for the summer. Why is this?

1.  I went to college in Milwaukee (graduated in 1991) and attended numerous Brewers games during the school year at County Stadium. After growing up in a National League town, the Brewers became my American League team of choice. However, I never stayed in Wisconsin during the summer and missed the dog days of outdoor baseball. 

2. The Brewers are in a rebuilding mode.  The player development portion of baseball, which has always been intriguing to me, is a big part of Brewers baseball at the moment. 

3. I am looking for excuses to buy bratwurst the next time I go to the grocery store here in Houston.

Just so my intentions are clear, my plan is to pay attention to the organization until the trade deadline. After that, it will be time to return my focus to my classroom here in Texas.  However, I am not completely ruling out a road trip to Arlington in September when the Brewers face the Rangers.  

Having said that, I begin my summer fling with the Brewers.


No comments:

Post a Comment