Wednesday, October 23, 2019

One more Reason to NOT Support Jim Crane's Business

Not That I Needed It, but I now have One More Reason to NOT Support Jim Crane's Business

For the record,  I have been a avid Non-Supporter of Jim Crane's baseball-themed business venture based on Texas Avenue for at least five years now.  At some point during that business's transition to new ownership, I realized that the thought of supporting the new version of the business I formerly referred to as the Astros in any public way made me sick to my stomach.

I have been very content with my conscious decision to take on this position and carry it out silently.
However, the recent episode involving the unacceptable bullying behavior of the team's assistant general manager towards female journalists (and by extension, all females) and the  attempt by Mr. Crane's organization to defend said behavior (or at least deny it), compels me to raise my voice.

Today, as Game 2 of the World Series is about to start, the thought of supporting this business makes me as sick to my stomach as it ever has if not more.

Thanks for your attention.





No comments:

Post a Comment