Monday, December 8, 2014

Given to be Given- Real Grace Reflection #1

Here is my first attempt to reflect on the 2015 theme of Lutheran Outdoors Ministry of Texas: Real Grace.  If you feel compelled to put these words to music, I'd be glad to hear what you come up with.

Given to Be Given


It puts nothing in my pocket
Not a thing upon my plate
No, I cannot hold on to it
To use at a later date
With it, still my wallet’s lacking
My cup? Empty does remain
I could write of it for ever
Yet my words wash down the drain.

It’s nothing I can hold on to
It’s everything as well
Each day, each second it is new
A miracle to tell
It seems to journey off, I panic
When will it return?
It’s always there to open up my eyes
So my heart learns

My tries to hold onto it
Are a certainty to sink
A boat made out of cardboard
Quickly sucked down in the drink
It’s given to be given
It’s shared so I can share
The vessel that can store it
I’ve not seen it anywhere.

c2014 Mike Tauser

No comments:

Post a Comment