Friday, February 27, 2015

Silsbee Too Much for the Spartans in Season Finale

Silsbee proved to have too much firepower for Scarborough as they pulled away in the second half to beat the Spartans, 94-56 in Friday night's Area play-off game.  The Spartans trailed by 10 at halftime, but the Silsbee lead snowballed throughout the second half.  Silsbee (28-5) moves on to face Wheatley in the Regional Quarter-finals.

The Spartans, who end their season with a 23-10 record, were led in scoring by Jorge Martinez, 14, Quinton Hudson, 10 and Jonathan Garcia-Loza, 9.  All five Spartan seniors, including Martinez and Garcia-Loza, scored in their final high school game. You can see the full boxscore here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having problems with my truck so I didn't attend the game.Also, friday night is part of the sabbath. Since it was a blow out I am kind of glad I didn't. If I had gone to the game I would of seen a lot of old school friends from Silsbee.

    ReplyDelete